Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that causes sugar in the form of glucose to accumulate in the blood rather than being used as fuel by the cells in our body.The pancreas produces insulin , a chemical messenger essential for the entry of glucose into cells. Glucose is an essential source of fuel for many organs in the body, however, for it to be used, it must first enter the cell and this can fail to happen and can lead to Type 2 Diabetes.
In type 2 diabetes, the pancreas is unable to produce this Insulin as needed.
THE COMMON WAY TO FIND OUT IF YOU ARE DIABETIC IS TO CHECK YOUR BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL.
- Frequent Fatigue
- Frequent urination(PS:doesn’t include if your water intake is high)
- Drastic weight loss
- often feels hungry
- excessive thirst
- low libido
- blurred vision
- wounds heal very slow
- frequent infections etc
SERIOUS DIABETES THAT IS NOT WATCHED COULD LEAD TO……..
- Neuropathy , Numbness of nerves (long term diabetics
- blindness (retinopathy)
- Diabetic heart attack
BUT THERE IS HOPE, HERE IS HOW TO KEEP IT UNDER CONTROL /PREVENT IT
- Watch your sugar intake ,the reason for diabetes is overfeeding sugar to your body. So stopping the artificial sweeteners would be a good way to start.
- Exercise – Walk a lot , (engage in other forms of exercise with your doctor’s approval if you are already diabetic)
- Avoid wheat- Eat more fresh foods and lots of Vegetables.
- Eat more soluble fiber- Healthy foods that help keep you fuller for longer and will prevent the need for unnecessary snacking.
- Get adequate sleep.
- If you are a smoker, CUT IT!
- Stay away from Alcohol
- worry not, do not sweat it
You never know, these steps could take you off your Medication, there is light at the end of the tunnel .